As Urology specialists we want to put our knowledge and expertise to good use by answering your urology related questions. One of the questions we hear the most is “How do I attach a night drainage bag to a catheter?”
Your healthcare professional is there to answer any questions you may have about your catheter and leg bag. Please seek guidance immediately from your healthcare professional if you have any concerns about your catheter or leg bag or you are feeling unwell. Your healthcare professional will make recommendations based on your specific requirements.
Step by step: How do I attach a night drainage bag to a catheter?
- Wash and dry your hands (if a carer is doing this for you they must apply a clean pair of gloves after drying their hands).
- Remove any straps or sleeve which are supporting your Ugo Leg Bag to your leg (if you are using the Ugo Fix Gentle (catheter clip) this can remain in place overnight as it will prevent your catheter pulling yet allow free drainage through the link drainage system).
- Remove the protective cap from the Ugo 2L Drainage Bag stepped connector.
- Insert the stepped connector from the Ugo 2L Drainage Bag into the soft silicone tubing on the Ugo Leg Bag (ensure an adequate seal).
- Attach the Ugo 2L Drainage Bag to the Ugo Stand.
- Open the lever tap or T tap valve on your Ugo Leg Bag to allow immediate and continuous drainage.
- Wash and dry your hands.
Want to sample the Ugo Urology range?
If you’re not currently using the Ugo Urology range and would like to know more, you can request a free sample by calling us on 0113 263 3849 and speaking to our friendly Customer Care Advisor Charise or emailing email@example.com